Monday, November 16, 2009

I Gotcha Sriracha: Num Pang


After reading TheWednesdayChef's understandable sorrow about leaving New York City, I decided that I would try one of her favorite NYC restaurants. After all, one of the really great things about the internet (aside from the ability to buy just about anything that you can imagine) is that you can share some sort of community experience with lots of people that you don't really know. To that effect, I've been scoping out a lot of other food blogs to see what they do and maybe to get some inspiration.

On the recommendation of The Wednesday Chef, Luisa Weiss, I went with a few friends to Num Pang for lunch. Any place where the only available condiment is Sriracha... well, that place is alright by me. I ordered the Ginger Brisket Sandwich, which was one of three or four specials, all of which sounded good. My friends got the pork sandwich and the veal meatball. We were all quite impressed with the sandwiches. The meat was tender and flavorful. I think the best part of the whole thing was the bread, although the chili mayo is a close second. My only complaint was that for $6, the beets we ordered as a side were a bit underwhelming. Still tasty, just not $6 tasty. Especially considering the sandwich was only $7.25.

No comments:

Post a Comment